Wintertime in Greece
We will discover these emotions and fantastic destinations in our 4X4 vehicles, passing through this mysterious land, following gloriously beautiful roads, threading through forests and villages until ‘familiar’ songs that we have never heard before lift our spirits. The ‘secret of the hidden garden’ will be revealed to us, an enigma that most Greeks don’t even know. During this tour, we will enrich all of our senses to absorb this tremendous experience, all accompanied by the humming of our vehicles’ motors and the irrepressible Rebetiko music.
Welcome to Athens!
- The adventure begins with your arrival in the Greek capital of Athens.
- We rendezvous at a predetermined hotel in the city, with all travelers expected to arrive by 5pm (local time).
- We dine and sleep overnight before hitting the road in the morning.
Beautiful Mountain Landscapes
- In the morning, we set out in our 4X4 vehicles, heading towards the Kamena Vourla resort for coffee on the beach.
- Our journey takes us up into the mountains where breathtaking views of snowy forests await.
- We arrive at the village of Karpenisi where we check-in to a hotel and enjoy hot coffee by the fireplace.
- We head out on our first excursion, taking in the region’s powerful landscapes.
- Come dinnertime we put a number of Greek dishes to the test...
- We return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
A Day of Lakes
- Our day starts with a trip along a magnificent route that follows a tremendous cliff.
- We descend to Trikeriotis River for a visit, enjoying a cup of coffee in the Great Outdoors.
- We start to climb the wondrous road towards the Alestia ridge.
- From atop the snowy ridge, we overlook Kremaston Lake, Greece’s largest man-made lake.
- From our vantage point we take in the lake’s bays and islands.
- We descend from the ridge, continuing from there to visit the “little snakes” village.
- We make our return to the hotel for a short rest before heading out for dinner at a tavern.
- The young at heart can make a night of it at a local bar while the rest of us return to the hotel.
Visiting the Pantoliko Ridge
- In the morning we head out and begin the climb to the Panetoliko ridge, our journey passing along a truly magnificent road.
- We drive alongside villages built like eagle nests.
- Leaving the vehicles parked, we have a go on a zip-line and ‘fly’ over rivers.
- Returning to the vehicles, we drive over gorges and through forests.
- We leave the vehicles once more and ascend on foot to the Mavri Spilia (Black Cave) and visit its waterfalls.
- We also visit the impressive Proussos monastery, which is built on a tremendous cliff.
- After all of this excitement, we return to the hotel for a rest before visiting a tavern for dinner.
- Once again, those looking to enjoy the nightlife can head to one of Karpenisi’s local cafés, bars or dance clubs.
- Today we enter the Agrafa region, taking in its extreme landscapes.
- Our drive takes us along the Agrafiotis River heading north toward the ‘bottleneck’.
- We continue towards the village of Agrafa for a visit.
- Here we inquire which mountain pass is open and continue from there.
- We cross one of three mountain passes (all three are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G).
- Our drive takes a gentle glide down to Thessaly Valley, before we move onwards towards Meteora.
- We stop at a hotel in the village of Kastraki and go out for dinner.
- We enjoy a Greek night with lovely music and lots of Ouzo!
Meteora-UNESCO World Heritage Site
- In the morning, we ascend the high cliffs and visit Meteora, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- We visit the site’s monasteries, learning more about them from an expert.
- We descend by foot from atop the cliffs to the village of Kalambaka.
- Back in our vehicles, we hit the road heading south towards the sea, making a stopover at the resort town of Kamena Vourla for coffee.
- We continue on to Athens and return our 4X4 vehicles.
- Last evening in Athens, dinner and sweet dreams..
Our Journey Comes to a Close
- After enjoying breakfast at the hotel, our trip comes to a close.
- Travelers make their way to the airport and begin the journey home.
Tour Price - Price per person, based on 2 persons sharing a room and 4 persons sharing a vehicle
Single room supplement
Discount for third person in a double room
Child (2-12) in parents room reduction
Additional vehicle cost (3 persons in a vehicle, per person)
Additional vehicle cost (2 persons in a vehicle, per person)
Additional cost for transfers (from and to the airport for Max 4 passengers)
- Accommodation in lovely village hotels along our off-road tour
- Half board accommodation (breakfasts in hotels, dinners in excellent taverns or hotels)
- Off-road vehicles from the Suzuki Grand Vitara category, or similar, for every 4 travelers
- Gas for the vehicles throughout the trip
- Accompanying, supervising vehicle and from Tripology
- A Tripology guide for the entire off-road tour
- Two-way radio in every vehicle – with approved frequencies!
- Entrance to all sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for service providers in Greece
- A preparation meeting before departing for the trip
- Mineral water
- Maps of the trip destinations
- Cost of flights
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Beverages during meals
- Suitable health and cargo insurance that matches the trip’s type of activities (can be purchased in our office)
- Self-participation waiver insurance, in the event of an accident or damage to the vehicle (30$ per vehicle, per day)
- Personal expenses
- Anything that does not appear under the section “The price includes”
Join the Tour
Fill your details and we will contact you shortly