To the north borders of Greece
Mountainous Greece has turquoise rivers, flowing crystalline waters breaking free from Alpine ridges and jagged peaks, passing through and granting life force to pristine villages located at the edge of a dense grove. Breathtaking monasteries suddenly appear, clinging to cliffs, each wrapped in a holy aura and projecting strong fragrances of incense. Many taverns close to the river specialize in preparing delicacies from recently caught trout.
Welcome to Thessaloniki!
- The adventure commences with your arrival in Thessaloniki, in Greek Macedonia.
- A prearranged hotel serves as our rendezvous site, with all travelers expected to arrive prior to 5:00 pm (local time).
- We enjoy a peaceful and comfortable overnight stay before the real adventure begins in the morning when we collect our 4x4 vehicles.
Exploring the Grebnon Region
- After collecting our 4x4 vehicles in the morning, we begin our exciting adventure.
- We drive to the beautiful Grevenon region where we head off-road for the first time.
- We descend to the Venetikos River channel and visit the Aziz Aga Bridge.
- Taking a timeout, we bathe in the river’s pleasant waters before continuing on toward the Portitsa gorge.
- Upon arrival at the spectacular gorge, we take a short walking tour enjoying the stunning scenery as we do so.
- Back in our vehicles, we ascend toward the village of Spileo and from there drive to a nearby hotel for an overnight stay.
- Our morning begins with us heading south towards Meteora and its cliffs.
- Our ascent up these magnificent cliffs rewards us with a variety of fantastic vistas.
- Along the way, we visit one or two monasteries and go for a walk among the cliffs.
- After lunch, we will head toward Lake Plastiras, a magnificent artificial lake surrounded by beautiful foliage.
- We pass through the mountains before reaching this magnificent lake, which wouldn’t look out of place amongst the stunning scenery of New Zealand.
- Those brave enough can take a dip in the lake (the water actually isn’t that cold).
- We check-in for an overnight stay at a hotel by the lake.
Crazy Boat Mountain Ridge
- In the morning we ascend high up to the peak of the Filakti Mountain.
- From here we overlook magnificent landscapes.
- Our journey takes us across the Crazy Boat Mountain ridge before ascending towards Lake Acheloos.
- We scale between the villages to a beautiful fir tree forest.
- After passing the forest we reach the village of Metsovo – a lovely and vibrant village in the mountains.
- We embark on an excursion within the village, witnessing a variety of handmade crafts.
- After checking in at a hotel in the village, we head out for dinner.
Exploring the Epirus Region
- After a short drive, we kick off the morning with an excursion in the city of Ioánnina.
- We visit the Old City, pass along the lakeside, and take in the museum.
- We learn about the Jews of Ioánnina, a unique community.
- Back on the road, we cross the Mitsikeli ridge on our way to the Voidomatis River
- Here we board boats and enjoy a family-friendly rafting experience (easy, pleasant and safe).
- We continue onwards to the lovely village of Zagoria, where we check-in and get settled at a local hotel.
- We enjoy a walk around the village before returning to the hotel after dinner.
Bridges, Villages and a gorge
- We embark on a refreshing morning walk to the launderers’ pool.
- We continue from there to Papingo, a lovely small village at the foothills of a cliff.
- Upon reaching the village of Monodendri, we take a breathtaking view into the world’s deepest gorge.
- We visit the Agia Paraskevi monastery and again look down upon the deep gorge.
- We continue to the “Oxia” vista – and fully comprehend the meaning of ‘deep’.
- We take a timeout and sit on the beautiful bridges of ‘Kipi’ before enjoying a coffee in the village.
- We will return to our Zagori village – and take in the atmosphere there.
- The day closes out with dinner in a local village tavern.
The Prespa Lakes
- Our day begins with a drive to the beautiful city of Kastoria.
- We check-in to a hotel, get a little rest before heading to the Prespa Lakes.
- Upon reaching the village of Psarades, we board sailing boats.
- We enjoy a sailing trip around the lake, observing waterfowl and plenty of impressive caves.
- We enter caves in which isolated and fascinating monasteries are located.
- After our sailing experience, we cross the beautiful Pisoderi ridge.
- When evening comes around, we return to Kastoria and go out for dinner.
Back to Thessaloniki
- Our final morning begins with a refreshing walk along the banks of Lake Kastoria.
- We say goodbye to Kastoria and head for the village of Nymfaio – a quaint village in the mountains where injured bears are rehabilitated.
- If we’re lucky, we spot a bear or two, and explore the village.
- Our journey continues on to Thessaloniki where, we return the 4x4 vehicles
- Time depending, we sneak in a quick excursion through the city center.
- This is our last evening in Greece, dinner at the hotel and goodnight.
Our Journey Comes to a Close
- Upon waking, we take the time to enjoy one final breakfast together.
- With the trip at its end, we part ways and travelers head for the airport and their flights home
Tour Price - Price per person, based on 2 persons sharing a room and 4 persons sharing a vehicle
Single room supplement
Discount for third person in a double room
Child (2-12) in parents room reduction
Additional vehicle cost (3 persons in a vehicle, per person)
Additional vehicle cost (2 persons in a vehicle, per person)
Additional cost for transfers (from and to the airport for Max 4 passengers)
Join the Tour
Fill your details and we will contact you shortly